• Modelling and numerical implementation of heat and mass transfer within packed-bed systems with PCMs as storage material and multi-phase fluid flow, including boiling/condensing phenomena at the solid-liquid interfaces
• Parametric analysis, optimization and final viability demonstration of the modelled packed-bed thermal energy storage solutions through computational fluid dynamic codes, using either commercial standard CFD codes or self-developments
• Contribution to the design of TES system prototypes based on the studied concept, either at a lab-scale or at a relevant scale with respect to applications
• Empirical validation of the developed numerical codes
• Participation to benchmarking activities
• Collaboration in project proposal writing to obtain funding from institutions and industrial sources.
• Supervise graduate/master students.