The Advanced Materials and Nanomaterials Spanish Technological Platform (MATERPLAT) was created in 2008 with the purpose of fostering and promoting innovation in the R&D&I National System, as a key tool and instrument to improve and increase the competitiveness of the collective of Spanish companies, for which materials and nanomaterials, as well as their transformation processes are fundamental elements in the development and commercialization of their products and services.
In order to do so, MATERPLAT aims to build and develop a framework of encounter and collaboration between the different agents of the Company, Science and Technology Spanish System interested in promoting research, development and the application of Advanced Materials and Nanomaterials.
In accordance with this, the functioning of the platform pivots around the following goals:
- Foster collaboration between the agents of the Spanish R&D&I System to give answers to the Society Challenges related to materials.
- Identify and prioritize needs regarding research and innovation in the science and technology of materials and nanomaterials at a national level.
- Provide guidance and recommendations to the public administration regarding the R&D&I priority areas in the field of materials in nanomaterials, taking into account the different visions of the agents of the Company, Science and Technology Spanish System, covering the whole value chain.
- Promote a larger impact of all the public R&D&I policies in the business community.
- Foster collaboration between Spanish Technological Platforms (STPs) regarding challenges, needs and resolution of problems of common interest, especially the ones identified in the Society Challenges.
Click on the image in order to get to know deeper the activities of MATERPLAT: