As reflected in the document “Smart Cities – Documento de Visión a 2030”, from the Smart Cities Interplatform Group (GICI), Smart City is one that guarantees its sustainability from energetic, environmental, economic and social standpoints through the incorporation of technologies, processes and innovative services, improving life standards and favour business and work activities.
To MATERPLAT, Smart Cities, in their purpose of being sustainable, efficient (or super-efficient) and ensure high life standards to their citizens, “intelligent materials” and materials with “super-properties” of high added value are going to play a prominent role as a complement to other technologies or by providing a benefit derived from its direct use in the improvement of infrastructures and services. Predictably, the mayor impact of these new materials on smart cities will be achieved in fields related to health, security, comfort and resources and infrastructures optimization.
If you are interested in participating in this Innovation Group, contact email@example.com.
The Smart Cities Interplatform Group (GICI) was born at the end of 2013 upon the initiative of the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness in order to give a coordinated response from the different techonological platforms to the specific challenges posed by a ‘Smart City’.
Currently, GICI is composed of 19 platforms and counts on the support of the public administrations (MEIC and CDTI), the Normalization and Certification Spanish Association (AENOR) and the Energy Saving and Diversification Institute (IDAE):
Since it is considered that a Smart City is one that ensures its energetic, environmental and social sustainibility through the incorporation of innovative technologies, products and services in order to improve life standards and favour business and work activities, this platform looks forward to give a response to the challenges posed by cities from the perspective of technological development:
- Foster technology and solutions development within a common vision of the smart city.
- Facilitate the progress of sustainability within the cities and the improvement of citizens life standards.
- Materialise action areas in which the technological elements present in the city of the future will be developed.
- The Technological Plataforms that participate in GICI, as providers of the technological solutions for the smart city,
- The State General Administration as propeller of initiatives that allow the technological development that will make true this 2030 vision,
- Cities Government Bodies, which are the demanding scenaries that requiere the proposed offers.
Documents from the Smart Cities Innovation Group: