INL is seeking a Transmission Electron Microscopist to join the Advanced Electron Microscopy Imaging and Spectroscopy Facility (AEMIS) to work primarily on the characterization of nanomaterials using conventional and aberration-corrected transmission electron microscopy and scanning-transmission electron microscopy.
The Director-General is responsible for the overall leadership, strategic direction and management of the multidisciplinary and international community of INL. Moreover, the Director-General is the spokesperson for INL and serves as an advocate and communicator with all stakeholders and interested parties including worldwide scientific community, policy makers, industry groups, funding organisations, the media and the general public.
The NANOMOL Research Unit is looking for a postdoc researcher to design and synthesize stable organic free radicals (SOFR) to prepare robust hybrid materials by their assembly onto conducting surfaces or nanoparticles.
The main tasks that will be carried out within the project include:
- Synthesis and characterization of organic radicals.
- Nanostructuration of the synthesized radicals on surfaces or nanoparticles.
- Structural characterization of compounds and hybrid functional materials.
- Advanced spectroscopic (EPR, RAMAN, etc) and electrochemical characterization of the materials.
- In depth characterization of the sensing response of the hybrid platforms for the detection of relevant (bio)analytes.
Duration of 2 years (starting as soon as possible).